Friday, September 7, 2012

As an archeaologist covered in dust from the ruins of a time long past, they find the site of my burial. Along with my body, lies three artifacts forever symbolizing my being:

Artifact #1: the book, "A Long Way Gone." - As an avid reader this compelling memoir represents my love of literature. Also reflected is my need to obtain knowledge and my feeling of importance towards learning. Even more so is what the book is about and it's correspondence with my dedication to humanitarian work.

  

Artifact #2: a jar of ocean water - From birth I have lived on the beach and fallen asleep to the crash of the waves. Also, I was in the water with my father since I was 6 months old. The jar of ocean water is my LOVE for water and the connection I feel with the sea; almost as if it is apart of me. Also symbolized is my love for nature, out environment and our planet. These two are some of my most prized possesions. 

Artifact #3: my passport - From family vacations all over the central America to the summer of a lifetime I just experienced traveling to the Dominican Republi, Greece, Italy, and France, there is next to nothing that I love more than traveling. It also reflects my adventurous spirit and my desire to connect with people from all over the world. There is so much to see and experience in our world and we must take advantage of all we can see. 





No comments:

Post a Comment